Thursday, February 7, 2008

FISA Immunity



My paranoid thought for the day- chimpy and cheney are making a really big stink about keeping telecom immunity in the renewal of the "Protect America Act" (god, but I HATE those fucking cutesy names they make up).

Their reasoning is that no company will want to help the government in the future if they think they might get sued.

You know what that tells me? They've already asked some other private companies to spy on us and so far they've said no. So they're desperate to get Congress to establish the precedent that companies acting in "good faith," even if they should have known better, are off the hook when they break the law.

Makes me wonder what else they're up to, and who else is helping them.

Feh. Congress should just let the whole thing expire. When the CIA squawks, congress can tell them they'll give them $10 million in emergency appropriations to pay for lawyers who do nothing but working on FISA motions. If the technical fix still needs fixing next year, fine. Write a reasonable bill and send it to a sane democratic president to sign.

Otherwise, no dice. And Harry, you pussy, the correct thing to say, both publicly and privately, is, "Suck my democratic dick. Dick."

Yes, I know I have a better chance of waking up with two heads than having Harry follow my excellent advice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

, Is Muscle Maximizer a sham or does it sincerely work.

Yes we would like muscle, but in the right way, and gaining lean muscle without fat is the key to doing this.
No make a difference what sort of fat coaching regimen you.


My web site :: Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer Review

Anonymous said...

At first I was thinking that these guys were just bluffing and that there
is no way to make money online. Its online 24 hours a day, seven days a
week, every day of the year. Click "publish" and your website is live on the Internet.


my web blog: exit cash machine discount