Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Expert testimony



Lots of talk around the blogosphere about whether Hillary's tactics are out of bound or not. I say they are, but don't take my centaur word for it, let's listen to the man who is perhaps the expert on the subject, James Moore, one of the biographers of Karl Rove:
If anyone has paid acutely painful attention to the political ministrations of Karl Rove over the past two and a half decades, it's me. And if there is anyone qualified to make comparisons between democracy's Darth Vader and Hillary Clinton, I stand at the head of that line, as well. And sadly, the similarities are so brutally obvious as to be disturbing.

~snip~

Senator Clinton plays the innocent on most of this by refusing to denounce these pronunciations. When she had the opportunity on 60 Minutes to tell the world that it is nonsense for the fear mongers to suggest Obama is a Muslim, she demurred with a qualified, "as far as I know" he's not. But she does know. Sen. Clinton and Obama have attended numerous Capital Hill prayer breakfasts together. Does she think he was playing the Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, perhaps trying to see what is going on with that whole Christianity thing? Isn't any person believable when they declare their faith until they have been vetted by the Clinton campaign?
There's more, though I think this thing has turned into something of a rorshach test. If you're for Clinton, you've probably been cheering, if you're for Obama, you probably find it sickening. Color-coded Hillary Alerts

One thing I have to say, is that I find it disturbing to hear people that I like and respect defending tactics that would have them shrieking if it were a republican campaigning against a democrat.

For me the ends have never justified the means. I'm saddened to find out that's not true for many of my fellow democrats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is high level Machiavellian politics. It's the sport of manipulation and winning. It's why Matalin and Carville get off on each other.
It has nothing to do with democracy or issues or needs of the Country. It's pure political "Stratego" played for its own sake. It's means with no ends other than personal victory and power.

-mnkid

Anonymous said...

The democrats have more than their share of "Broders". In other words, they don't want Obama trashing their place because it's not even his place.

You can put me down in the "sickening" category.